Rollups v. Layer 1 blockchains. Scaling smart contracts. Cheaper DeFi experience.
About the episode
Ed Felten and Steven Goldfeder are Co-Founders of Offchain Labs, the company behind Arbitrum. Learn how Arbitrum are taking center stage in the Layer 2/scalability discussion and why they are primed to massively improve the economic bandwidth of Ethereum!
- The Arbitrum Rollup in 3 different levels of complexities
- Why scaling smart contracts is a difficult problem
- Ways Arbitrum scales Ethereum while minimizing friction
- Importance of not using game theory to achieve "correctness"
- The "assert-challenge" design pattern
- Security compromises between Arbitrum & L1 blockchains like Ethereum
- How Arbitrum impacts the end user to enable a cheaper DeFi experience