We explore the hotly debated #STABLE (Stablecoin Tethering and Bank Licensing Enforcement) Act.
10 things we discuss
1. What is the STABLE Act?
2. What does the bill define as a stablecoin?
3. What does the current version of the bill propose?
4. What does Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire think about the proposed legislation?
5. What is the purpose of this Bill?
6. What do bill advocates have to say about tech companies assuming the role of a currency issuer?
7. Are stablecoins a tool of regulatory arbitrage and evasion?
8. Does this bill regulate decentralized networks?
9. What are the systemic risks that the bill focuses on?
10. Will the STABLE Act pass?
*Bonus* What do I think this STABLE Act is really about?
Follow Amber Group
#FreeFormFridays #STABLEAct #stablecoins #CUPofCrypto #CryptoUnstacked